Tuesday, May 2, 2017

No Books I've Read

This week I don't have a book review for you.  I've been so busy, I've barely had time to read anything and for the first time, I'm way behind on my Goodreads goal for the year.  Hopefully I'll have time to catch up once we're moved into the new house and settled.

But the other problem is, I haven't been enjoying many of the books I've read recently.  I haven't actively hated anything, but everything I've read recently is just kind of meh….

So I'm looking for recommendations.  What have you read that really blew your mind?  What was so beautifully written you didn't want to end?  So engrossing you couldn't put it down?  What characters did you love so much closing the book when you were finished was difficult?

Share in the comments so I can kick myself out of the reading slump I seem to be in.

5 comments:

  1. Your life has been really busy lately! I'm impressed that you're able to get any reading done. I'm afraid I don't have any good recommendations. I've kind of been getting my recs from your posts because I love your taste in books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been crazy busy with all of the house stuff- so no wonder you are not able to get a lot of reading done.

    I am trying to think of books that I love that might help you get over your slump. I loved Pillars of the Earth- but it is close to 1000 pages, so it might not be the right one to recommend right now (though I have never met anyone who didn't love it). I will try to think of some shorter books that I think you might like. ;)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the original books behind the movies Silence and A Monster Calls, and they were both really, really good. Then I read a couple books that made me question whether good books really do exist. So now I'm reading some history books to purge their terrible, terrible memories from my databanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had the same problem with 'meh' books this year. The best book I've read this year (by far...definitely not a 'meh' book) was "The Hate U Give" by Angie Thomas. Made me cry, made me feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I've had reading years like that, but this hasn't been one of them. I think we have very different tastes, or I'd list you a whole ton of awesome books, but I do review most everything I read on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7073992.Crystal_Collier

    ReplyDelete